Automotive industry revamp

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
binx

Automotive industry revamp

Post by binx »

I have a few ideas that could breath some new life into the automotive industry aspect of the game.

My first suggestion, in order to improve realism a bit, would be the creation of a new semi-product: Auto Parts. This semi product would be similar to electronic components in that it encompasses a lot of different things (like electric motors, circuit boards, ect..) into one semi product. The Auto Parts semi-product would include all the different things that go into making a car such as: alternators, starters, belts, oil filters, injectors, radio, a/c, suspension parts, powertain, ect... The semi product could replace the plastic input for making a car body (steel, auto parts, glass). Also, adding Auto Parts as an input for making engines, (steel, auto parts). The logical required inputs for creating Auto Parts would be: plastic (car interiors and the fact that most engine bays are full of plastic these days), electronic components (car radio, electronic engine control which has been standard for over 20 years now, alternator, and starter), and finally aluminum (radiators, condensers, evaporators, and even most engine blocks today are all made out of aluminum.

My second suggestion is the addition of Pickup Truck, and Minivan as new retail products. With so much effort going into creating a supply chain for automobiles, I think we need some more products to put on our auto dealer lots. The car body semi product could also be made to produce a Pickup Truck body and Minivan body.

Here is a summary of my suggestions:

Input: Plastic, Electronic Components, Aluminum -> Auto Parts

Input: Steel, Auto Parts -> Engine

Input: Steel, Auto parts, Glass -> Car Body OR Pickup Truck body OR Minivan body

Input: Pickup Truck body, Engine, Wheel and Tires -> Pickup Truck

Input: Minivan body, Engine, Wheel and Tires -> Minivan
Purifier
Level 4 user

Re: Automotive industry revamp

Post by Purifier »

binx i like your idea and your workout :)

To add in the diversity of this i'd like to see the motorcycle be diverted into:

Sports-/fastbike (the Yamaha's, BMW's etc)
Choppers (Harley's, Indian's etc)