Video Game Thumb Candy mod (v1.1)

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
BioBiro
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Video Game Thumb Candy mod (v1.1)

Post by BioBiro »

fraszoid wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:40 am I'm quite enjoying the mod but I had one question about selling video games. Does it net more money selling each game in the series or just make 1 and call it done and move to the next genre? For example if I make 5 cooking mama games and sell them all individually or just make the last one and sell that only. Trying to plan out how I'm going to manage my game company.
Each 'Cooking Mama' game is a Product Customization in CapLab, which have increasing technology-level requirements. The idea is that you sell the highest one you can meet with R&D, then move onto the next one. It would be realistic to sell the older versions at increasingly-discounted prices (since a superior quality product is on the market - from your own company - you'll need to lower price to try and drive demand to the older game(s)).

For example: you developed SimCity 2000 in 1994, to much aplomb. Demand for SimCity Classic immediately goes down, so you lower its price (similar to a budget-brand re-release of an existing game). If you could have released SimCity 2000 in 1992, that would've been even better, as such a new title would have impressed the gaming industry (and its consumers) even more, but it was too difficult for you to develop such an advanced game a couple of years early.

The Thumb Candy mod is designed to simulate the period 1990-2015 (with some extras on either extremity) of the video game industry (i.e. a simulation of a realistic timeline), rather than a generic set of infinitely-recyclable products (the base CapLab game dataset).
This user will not complain about the UI until 9th July 2020.
banta

Post by banta »

Hi,

Would it be possible to re-post your script for the mod, as the link don't work anymore? maybe attach it to the post.
Many thanks.
BioBiro
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by BioBiro »

banta wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:22 am Hi,

Would it be possible to re-post your script for the mod, as the link don't work anymore? maybe attach it to the post.
Many thanks.
Hi~,

I've re-uploaded it. Thanks for letting me know it had expired :).

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 3059172771
This user will not complain about the UI until 9th July 2020.
TheOldGuard

Post by TheOldGuard »

Does this MOD still work? I've downloaded it and installed it ok. However, the game won't update the OS firmware on my console and the quality of the firmware has gone from 30, when i first released it, down to 9 a few years after it's release. I developed a game for my console but nobody is buying the game. I reduced the price of the game to $0.01 and they still wont buy it, either from my E-Commerce building or from my computer store. The stupid thing is, my console is selling really well, but they have nothing to play on it?? I don't understand how this is happening. Is this MOD out-of-date or something??
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

FYI, you may take a look at this guide: https://www.capitalismlab.com/digital-a ... -game-mod/

You may follow the instructions there and see if that will resolve the issues.
TheOldGuard

Post by TheOldGuard »

David wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:18 am FYI, you may take a look at this guide: https://www.capitalismlab.com/digital-a ... -game-mod/

You may follow the instructions there and see if that will resolve the issues.
I followed these instructions when I started the game. What I posted is what happened after I followed the instructions given.
TheOldGuard

Post by TheOldGuard »

Just started a new game. Set up a software building and went to research an action game. Biggest requirement is 3D graphics. Set up a unit to research 3D graphics but it isn't even in the list of things to research. The list starts with 2D graphics then 2.5D graphics then that's it. I think the mod needs updating for the patch to Caplab we had the other week.
Ron999

Post by Ron999 »

This looks like it would be a great game to play. However despite all I have done I cannot get the cursor to show in the game. I am using Rev. 5.7.12. All the other mods I have loaded work perfectly fine, as does all of the DLC's. It is just with the Thumb Candy Mod that the cursor disappears. I can scroll and access the various hotkeys, but without a visible cursor the game is unplayable.

I admit I am a newbie. I have completely reloaded the newest revision, and several Mods (real World and Mod World with success). Can you suggest what I may be doing wrong or look into this issue. Thanks.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

The bug has been fixed in the latest patch v5.7.14.

Please download the patch from: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5718
Sebmono

Post by Sebmono »

TheOldGuard wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:20 am Does this MOD still work? I've downloaded it and installed it ok. However, the game won't update the OS firmware on my console and the quality of the firmware has gone from 30, when i first released it, down to 9 a few years after it's release. I developed a game for my console but nobody is buying the game. I reduced the price of the game to $0.01 and they still wont buy it, either from my E-Commerce building or from my computer store. The stupid thing is, my console is selling really well, but they have nothing to play on it?? I don't understand how this is happening. Is this MOD out-of-date or something??
I have this same issue, the buttons for New Version and Auto are just missing from my Software Company and I am unable to release updated OS versions, despite having much increased my OS tech. The AI company seems to have no issues releasing new versions of it's OS, just me. Any idea on what the issue may be?