Bug: Free money when your HQ is automatically built

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Bug: Free money when your HQ is automatically built

Post by mwyeoh »

I have just spotted that when your HQ is automatically built, your money is restored to the starting amount

If I pause the game immediately at the beginning of the game, I can spend all my money and as soon as the HQ is built, I get all my money back- but get to keep what I have just done
(See attached screenshots)
First one was with 30million starting money and the 2nd is with 100millon starting money.
Notice that I am able to buy back all of my shares and then some buldings (Even a newspaper)- but when I get my HQ: Check out the funds I have available!
Attachments
freemoney100M.jpg
freemoney100M.jpg (339.34 KiB) Viewed 844 times
freemoney30M.jpg
freemoney30M.jpg (292.2 KiB) Viewed 844 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Bug: Free money when your HQ is automatically built

Post by David »

The following change will be made into the new patch:

Headquarters will now only be built by default if a new game is started with Inflation enabled in the standard mode.

(currently Headquarters are built by default if a new game is started with High Macro Economy Realism.

FYI:
You can let the AI automatically adjust the retail prices of your products for you. This can be toggled on and off on your headquarters interface. If you start a new game with Inflation enabled in the standard mode, your company will own a headquarters building by default, allowing you to take advantage of the AI aid immediately.
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Post by mwyeoh »

Hi David

I do understand why the HQ is automatically there, but this change would not really address the issue of my original post.
What happens is that your HQ is not automatically built instantaneously but rather just before the 2nd Jan

Because of this, if a player is quick enough, they can pause a new game as soon as it loads, splurge all their money and once the HQ is built, all their money is restored
David

Post by David »

You have made a good observation. :D

But if you discard HQ, then you will have the problems of not having automatic price adjustments by the computer, which will make it almost impossible to play without extensive tedious micromanagement, when inflation is enabled. Because of this, I doubt if it is an advantage to cash in on 1 Jan.
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Post by mwyeoh »

Hi David

Im not asking for the free HQ to be disgarded, just for this exploit to somehow be removed.

The three ways I can see this being done is
1) For the HQ to be built instantly rather than between Jan 1st & 2nd, or
2) For user interactions to be locked out for the first couple of seconds until the HQ is built, or
3) The speed to be on 5 for the first fraction of a second and slowed down to normal on Jan 2nd
David

Post by David »

3) The speed to be on 5 for the first fraction of a second and slowed down to normal on Jan 2nd
This will be implemented in the next patch.