Suggestion: global price policy

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
kg79
Level 3 user

Suggestion: global price policy

Post by kg79 »

Especially when it comes to manage retail stores of subsidiaries I think we need an option to set global prices for selected products. I was never really happy with the pricing my CEOs and COOs have set for the products manufactored by myself or other subsidiaries, whereever the global sliders where set to. Then I saw that now we can set individual price ranges for the products, but this does not help a lot. I would rather recommand an option here to exclude the CEOs or COOs from setting the pricing. Then I would make special deals for cleaning up the storages much easier and also make the stores mucb more profitable then the COOs would do and would concentrate on the more important products making money and let the COO do the rest.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Re: Suggestion: global price policy

Post by WilliamMGary »

I've asked for the subsidiary pricing policy be applied to human player corporations a while ago, so obviously I +1 this.
azxcvbnm321
Level 3 user

Post by azxcvbnm321 »

I think the most beneficial implementation would be to target the overall score of a product in a city. For example if a competitor's good has an overall score of 10, then if I can set pricing so that my good is 12, I'll be able to gain market share (yes there are other factors like quality, but let's ignore that for now), or I can set my overall value to 10 or 8 to go for profits over market share. If there were a button to set the good for all cities at +X (above) or -X (below) the highest competitor's score, that would save a lot of time and clicking.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

I like how they have the price controls for the subsidiary just move it over to human player and rename it to Set Price Policy.
kg79
Level 3 user

Post by kg79 »

I don't think targeting the score would be a good alternative. I think the mechanism for CEOs/COOs is exactly what you mean, although you don't see the values. But if you set there the slider it should work like that. Therefor I would recommand the suggested alternative way with global prices.

I see it every time, the CEO/COO often runs a retail store to ruins, when I take control of the store and only change the prices it takes only a few months and the store is profitable. Perhaps the mechanism is not perfect enough, and perhaps it only works good for some goods, for some not. So it would be an easy way to handle it. Also global pricing is a marketing strategy in many corporations, they do not want their stores to make own individual prices.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Currently there is a way to set profit margin for individual product types. Please see attached. Have you tried it? Does it work for you?
Attachments
price.jpg
price.jpg (423.45 KiB) Viewed 1090 times
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

David wrote:Currently there is a way to set profit margin for individual product types. Please see attached. Have you tried it? Does it work for you?
Is there any objection to making this possible for the human player company and just retitle it Set Pricing Policy say once a company has 30 or more product types or something?
kg79
Level 3 user

Post by kg79 »

I have tried the possibility to set profit margins for selected product types as showed in the screenshot. It is a help, but I think global pricing as an option for companies would be much better.