Bug: AI still offers old rates for technology

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Bug: AI still offers old rates for technology

Post by mwyeoh »

After the update of how technology works and having tech companies, the AI now charges alot more to buy tech off them
(I would prefer if they just told you how much they wanted, rather than offering them money over and over, trying to guess that best deal)

However, when they offer you money for your tech, it is still very minimal (Eg- 8 mil for 350+ tech)
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Bug: AI still offers old rates for technology

Post by David »

We checked the code and the AI is using the same function for calculating the tech acquisition cost.

It is possible that some AI's personality is more cost conscious and will only offer a low price.

If you find all AI offers tend to be reasonably low, you may capture the screen and post here to explain the problem. Thanks.
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Post by mwyeoh »

Hi David

This first post is what they offer for shampoo. Notice their current tech is 30. They will not accept a counter offer even a dollar higher
(Second post coming up in a moment)
Attachments
lowoffer.jpg
lowoffer.jpg (392.09 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Post by mwyeoh »

However when I want to buy from them, they demand ridiculously high prices!
The screenshots below are the initial price they offer and a rejection at 30 million. They didnt accept an offer until 45 million

It would be easier if they just told me what they want for it (Or NOT FOR SALE if they will not sell it)
askinitial.jpg
askinitial.jpg (130.23 KiB) Viewed 1626 times
ask30mil.jpg
ask30mil.jpg (125.45 KiB) Viewed 1626 times
Inarius
Level 4 user

Post by Inarius »

I agree. I think that you should calculate the price that cost 1 point of R&d for a product, and add AT LEAST 40% value for "overheads" and perhaps at least 40% to 100% price of "confidentiality". That's how it would work IRL. And I think that it would be more than the price today.

And I think that some R&D should not have a price. The AI should be able to say "No, it's a major technology for us, we won't buy it". And in the opposite way, we should be able to reply to a AI player "no it's a major technology for us" and that, after he won't ask it again.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We will implement something like this:

2 new AI reply possibilities:

1) If it is an important tech to the AI, it will reject, no matter what the offered price is.
The AI will reply: "We are not interested in selling this technology to our competitors."

2) If the AI has lots of cash, it will reject, no matter what the offered price is.
The AI will reply: "We are not in need of cash and thus not interested in selling our technology."
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Post by mwyeoh »

David wrote:We will implement something like this:

2 new AI reply possibilities:

1) If it is an important tech to the AI, it will reject, no matter what the offered price is.
The AI will reply: "We are not interested in selling this technology to our competitors."

2) If the AI has lots of cash, it will reject, no matter what the offered price is.
The AI will reply: "We are not in need of cash and thus not interested in selling our technology."
That sounds like a really good method!
Still, it would be nice if the AI just told us what they wanted for a technology IF they were willing to sell it

My suggestion is to get rid of the current "offer" system and replace it with a single response system that has 3 possible responses. The first two responses are the ones you suggest above (No not interested & No dont need cash). The third option is "We will sell it to you for X amount"