(MOD) REALWORLD 11.5 (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) by Piermario

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
howard1988

Re: (MOD) REALWORLD 11.432 FULL CHRISTMAS 2020 FULL (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) and 11.2 for all DLC (by Pierma

Post by howard1988 »

Hi,

Noticed that it's not possible to hire a ceo with internet expertise.
cGlc

Re: (MOD) REALWORLD 11.432 FULL CHRISTMAS 2020 FULL (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) and 11.2 for all DLC (by Pierma

Post by cGlc »

While using this mod (11.432), the game (latest version) randomly assigns CEOs and expertise/focus to the companies. So, it seems it doesn't use the data from Company_Details.txt. How can I fix this?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

cGlc wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:43 pm While using this mod (11.432), the game (latest version) randomly assigns CEOs and expertise/focus to the companies. So, it seems it doesn't use the data from Company_Details.txt. How can I fix this?
We have looked into this and our findings show that the game is able to use the the data from Company_Details.txt.

Here is the way it works:
1) The game first generates a number of AI persons in the game, which you can see in the Persons report (shortcut key: 'E')
2) When an AI person is going to set up a new company, the game will look at the data from Company_Details.txt and see if there is any entry where the line "CEO = <person name>" matches the person's name. If so, it will set up a company using the pre-defined company name.

If you examine the Company_Details.txt more closely, you will notice that many of persons do not have linked entries in Company_Details.txt. That could be why you got an impression that they were assigned randomly.
cGlc

Post by cGlc »

Thanks for your reply, David. I know that many companies and their CEOs are not set in the text file but actually the ones in the text file also show wrong information. Just to test I started a new game and here are the results (I'm double checking the text file):

In the text file:

Company = Apple
CEO = Steve Jobs
Product Expertise = Computer, 80
Focus = Tech
[TECH]
Computer = 100

Company = Tata
CEO = Guenter Butschek
Product Expertise = AUTO, 100
[TECH]
SMART = 100

In the game:

Tata: Steve Jobs is the Chairman, Steve Ballmer is the CEO and both of their strategy is "Telecom focused"

-----

In the text file:

Company = Toyota
CEO = Akio Toyoda
Product Expertise = AUTO, 100
[TECH]
VAN = 100

In the game:

Toyota: George S. Barrett is the Chairman, Irene B. Rosenfeld is the CEO and their strategy is "Internet focused"

I believe 2 examples are enough for now but if you need more, I can send more. Company products don't match as well. Like Michelin is creating video games, BP have backup software, Bayer produces desktop computer and so on.

I tried activating only the required DLC, tried activating all of the DLCs, installed the non-DLC version of the mod and disabled all DLCs and different combinations as well but nothing worked.

And I've attached a screenshot shows Michelin launched a video game and Tata management.
Attachments
capitalism1.jpg
capitalism1.jpg (457.13 KiB) Viewed 7003 times
MrNeko

Post by MrNeko »

How this mod works with experimental dlc ?
David

Post by David »

MrNeko wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:19 am How this mod works with experimental dlc ?
Yes, it works with Experimental DLC.
Errasal

Post by Errasal »

Whenever using the REALWORLD mod, I lose all of the pre-defined layouts for farms. Hoping to find a way to fix this.
David

Post by David »

Errasal wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:42 pm Whenever using the REALWORLD mod, I lose all of the pre-defined layouts for farms. Hoping to find a way to fix this.
Please see this article for details:

Separate Layout Plan Libraries for MODs
https://www.capitalismlab.com/improveme ... ries-mods/
Errasal

Post by Errasal »

David wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:56 am
Errasal wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:42 pm Whenever using the REALWORLD mod, I lose all of the pre-defined layouts for farms. Hoping to find a way to fix this.
Please see this article for details:

Separate Layout Plan Libraries for MODs
https://www.capitalismlab.com/improveme ... ries-mods/
I read that, but have been unsuccessful at 'fixing' the pre-defined when I used the MOD. Do I have to manually create and save all layouts? Kind of a pain for all of the farms.
David

Post by David »

Do you still see your farm layout plans in your plan library when you are not using any MOD? If so, please try the following method as described on https://www.capitalismlab.com/improveme ... ries-mods/

Copy your mod’s Layout Plan Library file from the The User Game Folder to MOD folder

The Layout Plan Library File to be copied:
<Name of the Mod> + <.PLO> (example: RealWorld.PLO)

Copy the file from the User Game Folder, which is located in:
C:\Users\<Your Windows username>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab

Copy the file to the MOD folder, which is located in:
C:\Users\<Your Windows username>\AppData\Local\Capitalism Lab\MOD