Problem with the new Advanced MOD

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
counting
Level 8 user

Re: Problem with the new Advanced MOD

Post by counting »

But if added one new natural resource diamond with manufacturing into diamond ring, after setup the factory and running a new error j_mft.cpp pop-up.

I also notice that the product of values from OQTY in manufacturing.dbf and the PRICE in product_types.dbf must be within the boundary of PRICE otherwise the method.cpp error occurs again. It is 0.3 <= OQTY*PRICE <= 20000
Attachments
j_mft.cpp error.jpg
j_mft.cpp error.jpg (360.04 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

A slight problem in default mod kit data folder, there is a residual .~lock.CITIES.DBF# file left in it need to be deleted, or it would prevent open office to edit CITIES.DBF file.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

counting wrote:But if added one new natural resource diamond with manufacturing into diamond ring, after setup the factory and running a new error j_mft.cpp pop-up.

I also notice that the product of values from OQTY in manufacturing.dbf and the PRICE in product_types.dbf must be within the boundary of PRICE otherwise the method.cpp error occurs again. It is 0.3 <= OQTY*PRICE <= 20000
It is possible that this error was caused by some of the values being out of range. The next patch will have improved range checking ability and should resolve the problem if it was the cause.
David

Post by David »

counting wrote:
David wrote:We have just released v2.6.07 which updated the MOD kit and fixed a few issues.

You may download the patch from http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 9852#p9852

The Product_Classes.DBF and Natural_Resources.DBF have been updated. (Added FARMRELATE and EXPERTISE fields for Product_Classes.DBF) If you have used the MOD kit in 2.6.06 for modifying The Product_Classes.DBF or Natural_Resources.DBF, please migrate your changes to the latest Product_Classes.DBF or Natural_Resources.DBF in 2.6.07.
So we can now add natural resource image in images/products folder instead of the game /raw folder?
Actually you would still have to do that as .RAW files are image files of natural resources displayed on the city map, whereas the product images (which you could modify in the MOD) are 60x60 product pics displayed on such interfaces as the Products report.
David

Post by David »

counting wrote:A slight problem in default mod kit data folder, there is a residual .~lock.CITIES.DBF# file left in it need to be deleted, or it would prevent open office to edit CITIES.DBF file.
This will be fixed in the next update.
David

Post by David »

I've used the gold raw file for the new mineral, and I was curious if I can mod natural resources the same way as blackberry fruit in mod example, so I setup a mine of diamond to be a new ROCK product_types and sold in luxury shop. But the strange thing happened that there is no demand or supply bar for this new product.
You may also try assigning a value greater than zero into the "Demand" field of Diamond in Product_Types.dbf and see if it will generate consumer demand for it.
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

David wrote:
counting wrote:But if added one new natural resource diamond with manufacturing into diamond ring, after setup the factory and running a new error j_mft.cpp pop-up.

It is possible that this error was caused by some of the values being out of range. The next patch will have improved range checking ability and should resolve the problem if it was the cause.
The price range is fairly weird when it comes to define product_types. And it seems to cause error in varied situations, sometimes it runs ok, sometimes it doesn't. It is better to have some some checking in mod-packing process. Trial and error is just too tiresome to check one value at a time.
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

David wrote:
I've used the gold raw file for the new mineral, and I was curious if I can mod natural resources the same way as blackberry fruit in mod example, so I setup a mine of diamond to be a new ROCK product_types and sold in luxury shop. But the strange thing happened that there is no demand or supply bar for this new product.
You may also try assigning a value greater than zero into the "Demand" field of Diamond in Product_Types.dbf and see if it will generate consumer demand for it.
Demand field already has a value greater than zero, albeit a very small value 0.004. However it should work. Products like motorcycle also has the same value.

However, if I drop the PRICE and increase the DEMAND value, (like 2000, 0.04, instead of 20000, 0.004). The demand and supply bar will appear and the product becomes normal. The range of each field and price range is hectic, and its boundary isn't very clear, some combination work, some don't. Currently a lot of trial and error need to be done.
David

Post by David »

There is a possibility that products with a high price (e.g. $20000) may experience this issue as people in the city may just find $20000 too high a price to pay based on the product's necessity index and the city's economic states. Products whose prices are not approaching the $20000 limit should have less of the issue.
David

Post by David »

clark17 wrote:Ok, i have make a copy of PIG.COL, PIG.ICN, MPIG.COL, MPIG.ICN for RABBIT.COL, RABBIT.ICN, MRABBIT.ICN, MRABBIT.COL in job\farm and it work:

Just two minor problems:
- the pic in process for rabbit (same as pig)
- no sound for livrestock raising of rabbit

What contains PIG.COL and PIG.ICN files?
The latest version 2.6.08 allows you to modify these images in the MOD kit. Thus you no longer have to use third-party tools for generating the COL or ICN files. The images are now in PNG format.

Please see this page for details: http://www.capitalismlab.com/advanced-m ... rming.html