Capitalism Lab Release version 2.5.14 patch now available

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 2.5.12 patch now availabl

Post by David »

interino wrote:Thank you for your bug fixes.

Is there any new features planned in the future ?

Thanks in advance.
If you are interested, you may check out the suggestion forums for Capitalism Lab expansion packs at http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=34. There are a number of interesting ideas for future expansion packs.
DomUK

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 2.5.13 patch now availabl

Post by DomUK »

Thanks for the update.

Can I just make a communications suggestion: For the patch the capitalism lab newsletter links to the "download caplab" page. After logging in this page only has a link for the full game and I'm not even sure it's the latest version (Filename is CapLab_20_installer.exe). Perhaps links to the patch could be included on that page, and perhaps the full game download file could be renamed to reflect the version it is? I.e. CapLab_2513_FULL.exe?

EDIT: I've just realised that the patch on this forum thread needs the install of the latest full CapLab file. The comms are a bit confusing to be honest!
David

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 2.5.13 patch now availabl

Post by David »

Yes, CapLab_20_installer.exe is the file name of the installer of the latest version.
David

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 2.5.14 patch now availabl

Post by David »

Patch v2.5.14 has been released.

It comes with a new scenario script as follows:

Opportunities in Small Cities
A recent open source movement has led to a marked decrease in technology acquisition costs - they are now only about half of the original costs. This allows you to boost up your company's technical know-how cost-effectively and it is great timing for launching your new company.

Having experienced the fierce competition in first-tier cities, you have come to the realization that small cities actually offer better market opportunities. So this time, you have devised a new strategy and identified four small cities to focus on. And you intend to keep your operations lean as this strategy produces the best results when your business can maneuver swiftly.
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

Has the new patch broken modding?

I've just spent a while sorting out 27 new images for people. Stuck them in the correct area, made the mod (as I've successfully done in the previous version), copied the mod to the correct area. In game, loaded mod, mod says loaded successfully yet none of the character images are different. They are all the same.

EDIT- Fixed now. Appears to not like spaces in file names. Then makes all the other mods not work in that session as well. Would be useful to have more clear guides on the main Cap Lab page for the mods.
David

Post by David »

I tested using file names with space characters and they work fine. Which component of the MOD did you use file names with space characters for? You may also let me know the exact file name you used and I can test it on my side.
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

David wrote:I tested using file names with space characters and they work fine. Which component of the MOD did you use file names with space characters for? You may also let me know the exact file name you used and I can test it on my side.
I stand corrected but I now see the issue.

So you have the "My Mod.txt" this then means the mod will look for a file My Mod.RES and if it doesn't find it, instead of saying "File doesn't exist, can't load mod" it just says it loaded the mod successfully. Hence the problem I was having. I'd named it RealPeople.txt but my RES file was Real People.RES. The game was saying it loaded the mod fine but actually hadn't. So although not the issue I originally mention it's still appears to be a failing of the game for error checking, so it's not checking if they file actually exists.
David

Post by David »

We will fix this in the next update.
ffg355

Post by ffg355 »

Thank you for the 2.5.14,the small city is more important now and give us new way to play!
Grandville

Post by Grandville »

Hello everyone !

I don't know if anyone has ever report this problem with the translate.txt file (after research, I have not found in the forum), but it seems that too long elements of translations make crash the game (with release 2.5.10 to 2.5.14, "BEX" error in Windows 7 report ).

Exemple, this translation (french) make crash the game when i start a new custom game :

Code: Select all

Investment Bank|
Banque d'investissement|
~
but everything is ok with this translation :

Code: Select all

Investment Bank|
Investissement|
~
I suppose this appeared with the 2.5.xx versions because the "long" translation work well with the 2.4.00 beta version, or maybe it comes from me but I tested after several uninstallations/installations. Anyway maybe this will help other players.

Otherwise the game is really really great, congratulations and thank you for regular updates (this is rare these days) and I am looking forward to playing with the 2.6.00 release !

(sorry for my English, I'm from France)