Scripting bugs

Discussions about scenario games and user-defined scripts.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Scripting bugs

Post by David »

Etym wrote:UPDATE - after additional (limited) testing, it appears that the game engine will only recognize a maximum of 6 main goals ("main goal values" + "main goal industries").
I experimented by adding or removing choices among the 6 possible industries, and found that only 5 will be listed as goals if there is also a 'player wealth' goal. Removing the player wealth goal allows all 6 industries to be goals.
Can this limitation be modified?
I tested it and there isn't a limit of 6 goals. You should be able to add all the 6 industries as goals. Can you send me your script file to check?
Etym
Level 3 user

Post by Etym »

The script and relevant screenie can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ssqvlq94ac3m ... =234622785
ceomoses
Level 2 user

Post by ceomoses »

Hey, Etym! I think you are having the same issue I had and was able to fix recently. The problem I had was that the scroll bar on the goals screen isn't working, so you can't see more than six goals at a time, even though they are actually there. I was able to fix this using a clean install. See my post here:

http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=1611

Btw, it appears the goals section was cut in half like that to make room to list subgoal rewards on the bottom half. I'm not sure if there's any way to make that particular section more dynamic, so if there are no subgoal rewards, it takes up that whole space like it did before instead of leaving the bottom half blank? Any way to make more room to list more than 6 goals at a time? Maybe only make enough room to list the available subgoals on the bottom until it reaches half the screen?
David

Post by David »

I tested your script file and all the defined goals are can be viewed in the game.

You may update your game to the latest post-release beta version 2.3.03. See: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=1599
Etym
Level 3 user

Post by Etym »

I am running 2.3.03; ceomoses nailed it - I missed the scroll bar. Thanks!

However, the "add factory plan" bug popped up again (see posts above). It actually appears to occur only if I "use" a prior plan with a specified input (input shown in red on the plan library display, and also when plugged into the new factory), then try to modify it (adding Mfg and Sales units), and finally try to "add" the new plan to the library.

David - since the bug will be fixed in the next patch, you probably already know about this?
Etym
Level 3 user

Post by Etym »

UPDATE on the factory plan bug - it occurred again when I tried to load a basic 3-input factory with no inputs specified. Once I add the inputs, the plan can be added normally.
David

Post by David »

This will be fixed in the upcoming patch v2.3.04.