No Updates?

Discussions about scenario games and user-defined scripts.
aarondmsu
Level 2 user

No Updates?

Post by aarondmsu »

No updates on user-defined scripts in about two months now. Should we assume that this has been tabled?
magiclight
Level 2 user

Re: No Updates?

Post by magiclight »

I've also been checking every few days, eager in particular for this new feature above others.
Lets hope it's just taken longer to code than expected, eh.
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

Longer than who expected? Surely we were not given an expected time of delivery.

It's something that's fundamental to the whole design -- not that it changes structure, but it changes syntax throughout any aspect of the program. Devs have to hack up 10 year old code to implement something that should have been one of the first things in place (if they had originally intended to implement it). Don't know how they're planning to implement it, but if they want to write their own proprietary parser, damn skippy it will be a while.

Imo, it's the most demanding suggestion to implement that I've seen.
aarondmsu
Level 2 user

Post by aarondmsu »

Esoteric Rogue wrote:Longer than who expected? Surely we were not given an expected time of delivery.
Kind of
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

aarondmsu wrote:
Esoteric Rogue wrote:Longer than who expected? Surely we were not given an expected time of delivery.
Kind of
I stand corrected. Thank you.
Last edited by Esoteric Rogue on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dav3
Level 3 user

Post by Dav3 »

I think they should at least give out some information of any further updates even if the feature could not have been finished or even scrapped, cause right now its just plain unprofessional towards your audience to play deaf and not even answer at least a few of the other posts and questions players left on here. I understand that things need time but at least communicate with your customers.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Actually, the feature is still under development and it is not scraped.
aarondmsu
Level 2 user

Post by aarondmsu »

Thanks David. Looking forward to it.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We have redesigned the user script system to work with this new Private Challenge Game system. This requires more time for implementation (will probably take a few more months). The expected outcome of this is that users will be able to create scripts that can be used for generating new private challenge games, and the script system will support more customizable parameters allowing for more interesting private challenge games to be created, and shared among users.
ezzeqiel
Level 2 user

Post by ezzeqiel »

David wrote:(will probably take a few more months).
You gotta be kidding...

If you take a look at what USERS want, you won't find "private challenge games" anywhere, but instead, you'll find that customizable cities is a TOP priority....

Anyway, you are postponing customizable cities (which is a top priority for users) for monthS, in order to make it compatible to a new feature nobody wanted...

I don't understand this company at all...