[REQ] Game and Handheld Console Sellable in Computer Store

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
Ravencroft

[REQ] Game and Handheld Console Sellable in Computer Store

Post by Ravencroft »

Simple one really. Just felt a little strange that Game consoles were only sell able in Toy Stores. I think the product needs a little diversification.

Would anyone be able to make this happen?
counting
Level 8 user

Re: [REQ] Game and Handheld Console Sellable in Computer Sto

Post by counting »

In current game logic, one product can only belong to one class. Hence you would need to sell the other toys within toy class in computer store as well. Otherwise video game console and handheld device have to be separated into another new class.

I do wonder if it's possible to just make an "invisible computer-toy" class include only these 2 products and can not be seen by players, then allow this invisible class be sold in computer store. This way it would essentially accomplish what you suggested (quite feasible to implement programming-wise), and only need to modify the computer store description for players to follow.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
Ravencroft

Post by Ravencroft »

Was actually thinking it might not be a good idea anyway. Maybe if there was an actual video game shop and video game industry but that's a whole new extensive kettle of fish. Would be a larger mod.

I appreciate the theory crafting though.
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

Video game industry idea had been proposed for a while. But the original idea is to make some sort of service industry, more software than hardware. Selling "physical" game disks is more of a 90s thing than 2000s (it's kind of feat the background of the game though :lol: ). But there are still physical stores exist in real life selling games and consoles after all.

Perhaps the easiest way without doing anything, is simply rename the toy store into "toy & game store".

BTW, the current in-game "toy store" is already more "game store" than "toy store". I rarely sell dolls or toy cars in "toy store". Dolls require ingredient too far apart from other "toy products", and toy car's profit margin is too low, not even worth the effort and time of R&D, but AIs seem to like it for some reason.
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls