Franchises (All firms)

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Franchises (All firms)

Post by WilliamMGary »

Franchises!!!

So an Automobile Content Pack would be the perfect pack (selling point for those not interested in the automobile industry ;) to introduce Franchises. In addition to being able to start Automobile Franchises and sell them to the AI or "Residents" (sim people) to buy a franchise paying an upfront fee and a player set percentage of revenue/profit.

The corporation that oversees the franchisees will need a "Franchisee" layout that would allow them to adjust it as needed and prevent the buyer from charging the layout. The layout should also provide flexibility for the corporation to specify the factory/warehouse that all franchises must buy from.

Give the corporation the ability to either sale the store/land to the franchisee or to "lease" it to them and maybe even an ability to buy back X times revenue (set by the name settings) if the corporation decides it doesn't want to deal with franchisees.

This should be an option for all specialty retail stores.
therealevan
Level 4 user

Re: Franchises (All firms)

Post by therealevan »

I actually just tried an automotive campaign yesterday, it's a lot harder than it looks.
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

There is a weird 32 cars/motorcycles upper limit per automobile store regardless of training level when you reach certain number of total automobile stores in a city. So if you set the rating just right and not fully saturated the market, you can get nearly infinite sales growth for every automobile store opened where it only needs a pair for cars and motorcycles sales (without training budget) and 20+ traffic index spot. And then literally cover the map with automobile stores to get insane amount of income. (Just beware of recession where sales might drop significantly per store)

Also if there are many AI competitors for automobiles, there is a trick to cut cost. By using a small factory with low quality materials for automobile semi-parts of and openly sell them at very low price with very high rating. If AIs are competitive enough, and have excessive automobile semi-products (which they usually do), they would follow the rating and drop the semi-products price to match your rating. This way you can get very cheap semi-parts from AIs, instead of building factories specifically and saving lots of overhead. This works well in early stage, before massively ahead in automobile semi-products tech.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
-------------------------------------------------------------------
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

*Bump*

I want to bump this and make an amendment. The best way to implement franchises would be to set the firm as a Franchise when its put up for sell, what this would entail is that all the products that are currently in stock at the firm are the only products that can be sold in the specified franchise firm and can ONLY be of the "Franchise" (the company that originally sold/opened the firm) brand for that particular product.

Now that we have customization products (name check) maybe even have the option to limit it to a certain technology level of the product. So there would be a Wal-Martish electronic store (low quality electronic products) and a Best Buy electronic store (high quality products).

I think this would be good for the subsidiary DLC...you know after the missing features are implemented and/or concurrently lol
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

WilliamMGary wrote:*Bump*

I want to bump this and make an amendment. The best way to implement franchises would be to set the firm as a Franchise when its put up for sell, what this would entail is that all the products that are currently in stock at the firm are the only products that can be sold in the specified franchise firm and can ONLY be of the "Franchise" (the company that originally sold/opened the firm) brand for that particular product.

Now that we have customization products (name check) maybe even have the option to limit it to a certain technology level of the product. So there would be a Wal-Martish electronic store (low quality electronic products) and a Best Buy electronic store (high quality products).

I think this would be good for the subsidiary DLC...you know after the missing features are implemented and/or concurrently lol
I really like this idea. Has my support.