Automotive Industry

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Automotive Industry

Post by Arcnor »

I know this has been brought before, but I think it would be great if the Automobile product class was expanded.

Currently the player or AI can either build cars or motorcycles to sell. I think this should be expanded to include two new products : Luxury/Sport Cars and Hybrid Cars.

Make the Hybrid Car similar to the Smart Phone; have the player use R&D to invent this new product and as a result the demand for Cars diminishes similar to the game mechanic used on phones.

Perhaps the hybrid car can be invited based on the invention of a new Engine. Where this new engine takes the place of the existing engine in the assembly input. This new engine could be built from steel and electronic components.

For a new luxury/Sport Car; create a new Car Body that requires the use of Leather instead of plastic in the assembly of the car body.

I would think the necessity rating of the Car should be increased from 10% to 20% and have the necessity of the luxury car to be say 10 to 5.

Thus in total 4 new products would be created Hybrid Car, Luxury Car, Hybrid Engine, and Luxury Car Body.

All of this would make the Automotive class more interesting and compelling.

Lastly could a new Graphic be used for the car that is more current and up to date.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Automotive Industry

Post by David »

A number of users have brought up suggestions for new features and content for the automobile industry. So I thought it would be a good idea to create a forum for grouping all suggestions for this topic together.

We welcome suggestions for new content using the existing game mechanism (like new car products and production charts), as well as suggestions for developing new features specifically for the automobile industry (like new building types, new interfaces and etc.)
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

+1

I'm ready for a content package introducing 500 new products. ;)
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

I'd like trucks for the transportation model.

Truck and Trailers. And they need more parts. Like Steel+Glass+Engine for Truck Head, Steel+Wheel for Cargo Hold, and Truck_Head + Cargo Hold + Wheel = 4x4 Truck, and other options for different size of trucks with capacities.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
therealevan
Level 4 user

Post by therealevan »

WilliamMGary wrote:+1

+1
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

mbaorg.com wrote:
WilliamMGary wrote:+1

Airplant

Yes totally need to have the ability to build planes! With airports being the purchasing party.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After giving it some further thought, I think that perhaps the Luxury Car should have 4 inputs instead of creating a new semi product. The inputs could be Car Body, Engine, Wheels, and Leather.

I am working on an equation to factor fuel consumption that can be used to tie in fuel sales.
tosh
Level 3 user

Post by tosh »

I'm actually against the idea of new cars.
Adding more products to the game is not an interesting function in my mind. right now it takes quite a while before you and the AI actually manufacturing every single item, and only than the really fun business start when the price wars are all-out.

Luxury cars or hybrid cars is just another car in a world where everybody earns the same salary and there's no real meaning to air pollution or cost-of-energy.
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

This suggestion makes a lot more sense when it's under transportation expansion pack suggestion. Where the functionality does distinguish the usage of different automobiles.
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
dimond
Level 3 user

Post by dimond »

I think add new product it's ok and if it has new feature random Trend product season that is best seller product in retail and wholesale

If expansive product like luxery car depend on economy people in that country has money or not

Sorry i'm bad english