Template of translate.txt

This forum is for those of you who are interested in localizing the game text in Capitalism Lab into your native language on your own
SiSaSyco

Post by SiSaSyco »

Hi!

I did some research and ended up with a Template for translate.txt containing a cleaned List of all Strings of the Files t_gmenu.res, t_basic.res, help.res and gm_help.res.

Cleaned does mean i removed every dublicate and empty Strings as well as the Strings "Reserved" or "`".

The attached File is in right format for putting it into your translate-directory but contains no translation at all. Its just the english strings for source- and translated state.
You can use it to start a new translation from scratch.

Original Post:
Hi! I already read about translate.txt and that there is no template containing all strings of the game.
would you mind to take some efford investigatin if it could be possible to get all strings out of the game to generate such a template? perhaps at same point the translation is made you could write the string to be translated to file if its not inside the file yet (not in released game, but in development version?)
Attachments
translate.zip
(28.34 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Last edited by SiSaSyco on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
counting
Level 8 user

Re: Template of translate.txt

Post by counting »

From our experience of translating Chinese version, most strings can be found in 4 files under Capitalism Lab/resource folder (just open them as txt file).

t_gmenu.res
t_basic.res
help.res
gm_help.res

If you want to create a custom made version to support characters outside ANSI code, some decoding dll to execute the translation might be needed. Although I think western characters should have less problem than ours.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
SiSaSyco

Post by SiSaSyco »

Ah, its that easy ... thx! ;)
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

You may download the CapLab German translation file created by Flouwy, which has over 2000 translation entities.

Here is the link to the forum post about this:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 9348#p9348

---------------------

For your information, as counting has pointed out the following files contain help text:
t_basic.res
help.res
gm_help.res

However, the game text file "t_gmenu.res" does not contain all the game text in CapLab and some of the text strings in this file are no longer being used by CapLab (they were for Capitalism 2). That's why I suggest you to check out the above German translation file instead.
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

Ya, the string from those files are detailed but not complete and out of date, combined with the character encoding issue, so Chinese version has to write dll for the translation to work. Some "words" are embedded in icons and pictures, so full translation also required their modification. We have 2 versions of Chinese translation as well.
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls