Suggestion : Notes.

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
tosh
Level 3 user

Suggestion : Notes.

Post by tosh »

Cap Lab is awesome.
But, there's one thing that will make it even more awesome.

Notes!

The ability to write notes to keep you remember to open a farm at July near the wine factory. A note to build a new mine because your old mine is about to get empty. maybe even a note for "techn finish printer, july 2010"

just the ability to have a place where you can write down whatever you want.
counting
Level 8 user

Re: Suggestion : Notes.

Post by counting »

Note with alarm feature would be even more useful.

BTW, is there anyway to turn off the yellow tech-finished alarm in setting, but still keep the message in the log? I don't want to turn it off completely, because sometime I still want to go back and manually check which tech is finished at what time. I just want the alarm off. It's getting annoyed when you have 100 R&D centers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
tosh
Level 3 user

Post by tosh »

Yes, Alarms will be more useful. But! Even without the alarm, notes will make the game so great
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

You may also consider running CapLab in window mode and opening a notepad app on window desktop next to CapLab. This could be a quick solution.
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

David wrote:You may also consider running CapLab in window mode and opening a notepad app on window desktop next to CapLab. This could be a quick solution.
Already did that :lol: , and I usually use it to keep track previous media firm ratings and quality, so I'll know to add budget or not. But notepad has no alarm function either :?

Alarms will be very useful in many situations, like when mines run out. There's a time window before all the ores are consumed and actual clearing out. It is boring and pointless waiting it out. A "check back in 2 months" custom alarm will be extremely helpful.
azxcvbnm321
Level 3 user

Post by azxcvbnm321 »

Yeah I know where you're coming from. I've forgotten to check back for my mines a few times, but usually I just open up a new mine, wait for materials to be available, and then switch and immediately shut down my old mine regardless of the resources that are still in it. I find it's not worthwhile to wait for the mine to be completely emptied. Personal notes would be a decent new feature. I'm always forgetting to build new retail stores after I open up a new factory. I will go and do something else while waiting for the factory production to kick in, but I might forget to go back to that product.
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

I was only making an example, there are tones of situation where a "general note with alarms mechanism" could be helpful. Like check back at the stock market to see if the purchasing price is good enough, check real estate budget level is too high or not, media firm market share, even just checking product price in gentle price wars, etc. All the decisions which may take quite a while to have affect would be benefit from have it.
tosh
Level 3 user

Post by tosh »

David wrote:You may also consider running CapLab in window mode and opening a notepad app on window desktop next to CapLab. This could be a quick solution.
Yeah, well.

The all idea to add notes as a new feature is to ask for alarms next time and after that ask for a functional calendar.
Our research suggest that by Nov 2020 will have the not only the calendar, but the computer will simulate a secretary that will de-facto control our company with insane AI