Don't understand ratings - Kinda answered my own question :)

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Don't understand ratings - Kinda answered my own question :)

Post by jondonnis »

I'm starting to get confused with "ratings". The new inflation system isn't on this play through, the price of purchasing that land to mine cost me £299 million. Looking at the rating it is (52). From my past understanding of the game anything in () is a negative rating. So why, despite the quality being 80 of the Aluminium, is the rating so low?

The only thing I can think is the price. Because the AI has a mine in the same city and selling theirs for 0.32. But that would be a massive lose for me selling at that price. Am starting to think that was a mistake creating that mine.
Camio
Level 2 user

Re: Don't understand ratings - Kinda answered my own questio

Post by Camio »

jondonnis wrote:I'm starting to get confused with "ratings". The new inflation system isn't on this play through, the price of purchasing that land to mine cost me £299 million. Looking at the rating it is (52). From my past understanding of the game anything in () is a negative rating. So why, despite the quality being 80 of the Aluminium, is the rating so low?

The only thing I can think is the price. Because the AI has a mine in the same city and selling theirs for 0.32. But that would be a massive lose for me selling at that price. Am starting to think that was a mistake creating that mine.
You have your awnser right there: price.

Quality will also play a factor. Whats the quality of the AI's mine?
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

It was low. I'd only just got home and loaded. So kinda cheated and reloaded as realised making that mine was an expensive mistake. Yes I could afford the lose but I didn't want to piss away $299 million (would be nice to have an option to change the currency so I can have it in £)

:)
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

Unless it's a very high quality raw material and for your corporation use only, it's not wise to build at premium price location and sell to AIs (you can hover over a location and see if it's currently at premium price). Usually when more than one source of the same raw material existed, the next one pop-up in the same city will have a premium price (from a few percentage up to several hundreds percentages higher, depend on how many raw materials left underground)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

I've recently only noticed the "premium price" tag. What is this about and how is it calculated?
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

The basic "mining/logging/drilling" worked more or less like "purchasing" raw materials from a hidden city wide raw material provider in one huge batch. Each kind of raw material has a sort of default deposit size in each city separately. And the mechanism of generating new sites is when all deposit sites have been built upon, a new site will pop up randomly in one of the cities. If the new site is also claimed, another new site will pop-up in one of the city agai. For example 4 cities setup starts with 4 empty aluminum sites, if all 4 have been claimed, a new free aluminum site pop up, and so on. This mechanism is for AIs/player to have a way of acquiring raw material for their own use, albeit more and more expensive when sites continued to be claimed.

New site's premium price (or not) depends on the combined total of the current's deposit reserve in all the same type of raw materials left underground vs the default deposit size. Say if there are 2 aluminum mines already existed in one map, but their reserve total say one is 40% of the default, and another one is 50%, than the new one pop-up in this city will not be premium. But if combined reserve is greater than 100%, the extra percentage will become extra premium price percentage. You can observe this effect easily with a one-city game setup, and build more than one same-type resource sites yourself in this city (like 2 timber yards, since they are cheaper to build and quick to consume), and see when reserve being drained, the new spot's premium price drops with it.
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls