Raise quaility of living in a city

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Raise quaility of living in a city

Post by WilliamMGary »

I'm using 2.1.02 Beta and I have a city where my company has its manufacturing base, it has been steadily loosing population and the quality of living is on a constant decline. I would like to show the community, our companies comment to them, has anyone had success with turning around a city's quality of living....or know what factors actually play a role....
Attachments
qliving.JPG
qliving.JPG (164.92 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
azxcvbnm321
Level 3 user

Re: Raise quaility of living in a city

Post by azxcvbnm321 »

You will need to donate community services buildings and sports/green buildings to raise the quality of living unless you can build more apartments with high quality of living components. Often times, the only way to raise quality of living is to donate.

Having played several games already, I find that the quality of living effect to population growth seems to be relative. If Shanghai has quality of living of 80 and New York has 85, then Shanghai will lose population and New York will gain given surplus housing supply in both cities. That's a real bummer because it pretty much ensures that global population will either remain the same or decline. I've never had a game where total global population rose. This should be fixed so that there is a bias towards population growth, which is what goes on in the real world. Plus quality of living should not be relative based, or else some cities will always be below average.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

azxcvbnm321 wrote:You will need to donate community services buildings and sports/green buildings to raise the quality of living unless you can build more apartments with high quality of living components. Often times, the only way to raise quality of living is to donate.

Having played several games already, I find that the quality of living effect to population growth seems to be relative. If Shanghai has quality of living of 80 and New York has 85, then Shanghai will lose population and New York will gain given surplus housing supply in both cities. That's a real bummer because it pretty much ensures that global population will either remain the same or decline. I've never had a game where total global population rose. This should be fixed so that there is a bias towards population growth, which is what goes on in the real world. Plus quality of living should not be relative based, or else some cities will always be below average.

hmm...
Traks
Level 2 user

Post by Traks »

I agree, by default cities should become bigger over time. Right now, everybody runs away from cities to wilderness which is pretty absurd.