Advanced Modding - about Phasing Out Products
Here are two examples for defining a product to be phased out by another product using the product MOD.
- The demand of Smart Phone is 10 (We use integers in this example for illustration purposes only. The actual figures are usually in decimal places)
- The demand of Camera Phone is 6 (which will be phased out )
- Then the initial demand of Smart Phone will be set to (10-6)=4, and it will slowly absorb the demand of Camera Phone until it has reached its full demand of 10.
- The demand of Tablet Computer is 10
- The demand of Notebook Computer is 6 (which will be phased out)
- And Notebook Computer has a OUTREMAIN index of 60% (It indicates the remaining consumer demand for the current product after the phasing out process has completely occurred. See the MOD Products table from the previous web page for more details.)
- Then the initial demand of Tablet Computer will be set to (10 - 6*(100%-60%)) = 10 - 2.4 = 7.6
- And it will slowly absorb the demand of Notebook computer (eventually absorbing a total of 2.4 demand points) until it has reached its full potential demand of 10.